Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Deep Thought of the Day III: Time Machines are for Losers

Oh the 1980s. I experienced their excellence for a mere 3 years, but have relived the glamour time and time again. How ever have I accomplished such a feat? A time machine? Hallucinogenic drugs? No no, my friends, it's something that you, too can experience. In fact, you probably already have through the magnificence of 80s day. Or, perhaps 80s night (18 and over only). Nothing says 1987 like neon legwarmers and big hair.
This image is brought to you by google searching "drunk girl 80s night"

Never mind the fact that most people who attend 80s night did not yet exist in the actual 80s. Never mind the fact that the majority of the population didn't own leg warmers, but actually looked like this:
I love you mom and Emmie.

Never mind the fact that that photo is actually from 1992; my mom and my sister did a good job of carrying the 80s as far as they could go. I, on the other hand, am as classically stylish as Samantha Parkington.

Before I get too off-topic here, let me get to my deep thought of the day: Do you think that back in the 1920s...wait for it...do you think that they had 1890s day?

No comments:

Post a Comment