Thursday, December 31, 2009

What does the "H" stand for?

Using the magical powers of the internet, I can finally choose the answer to the eternal question, "what does the H in Jesus H. Christ stand for?" After years of intensive internet research, I've discovered the following possibilities:
Harold
Holy
Hansel (I like to think of Jesus as a little German boy, hungry for a candy house)
Henry
Hussein
Haploid
Heli
Hey-Zeus (nice, nice)
Howard
Hoe Master (extra respectful)
Hymen (really?)
Herschel
Hebrew
Huckleberry
Harry (Potter)
Hank
Hackey Sack
Himself
Herbert
Hockey Stick
And my favorite...to quote Lamb: the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal,
"By the way, it was Hallowed," she said.
"What was Hallowed?"
"The H. His middle name. It was Hallowed. It's a family name, remember, 'Our father, who
art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.'"
"Damn, I would have guessed Harvey."

No comments:

Post a Comment